Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Get Together at Lightship

It's All About Making New Friends!
Vacation Day 14
Thursday Evening, October 9, 2008
After our wonderful lunch with Eve, Dawn & I hurried back to the Lightship to prepare for the evening's cocktail party. I had posted a notice that all OBC members were invited - unfortunately, between the lateness of the season, the pouring rain and our remote location, not many folks from the board attended.
Judy Schwagin & her hubby represented the OBC - it's always so nice to meet the folks from the board - without exception, each and every member that I've met have been lovely people. The Schwagins were no exception. I wish could have sat down and talked more with them, but I seemed to be entertaining out on the deck most of the evening, sitting under the umbrellas with the smoking population.
Before the rain started, the deck was a great place to sit & chat. This is Scott, one of the Wisconsin people, and Lynne, Sandi's mum.
Tons of great munchies! Darrin & Darcie made super crab ragoons.
The WI group contributed a Dairy Land cheese & meat platter. That pepper cheese was the hottest I've ever had in my life! Have I mentioned that my friend, Sandi from Madison, and her family and friends were staying just up the beach from us?
They are rich, so they stayed ocean front in a McMansion. I had hoped to spend a day hanging out at their place, to see how the other half lives, but there was never enough time.
Here is a pic of Sandi and her group.
Left to right: Lynne (Sandi's mom), Marv, April, Braylon (Rena's daughter & grandson), Rena, Farrell, Sandi, Scott & Holly.

No comments: